Laura + Ben’s Wedding Highlights:
– I have a few out-of-state brides this year and Laura was the first one I booked over the phone. All of our conversation were via email/phone and we never actually met before the wedding day. That can be a little intimidating. Thankfully, as soon as I walked into her house, Laura was so welcoming and sweet! I knew it was going to be an amazing wedding day. And it was.
– Laura requested a bridesmaids reveal of her dress and I’m so glad she did. It was such a fun moment to capture. She got ready upstairs and all the bridesmaids (8 of them!) waited at the bottom with their eyes closed. As Laura was walking down the stairs seeing her all of her best friends, she said “Wow, I am so blessed!” and they were pretty excited to see her, too.
– During the ceremony Ben said he wanted shots from behind the pastor, looking out over the church. Normally I try to stay out of the way but if you tell me it’s okay – I’m all for it! This became especially helpful when they had their family pray over them at the end of the ceremony and I was able to see everyone laying hands on the new couple. A very special moment.
– The reception was at The Farm at Eagles Ridge and it was the very first wedding they had! The venue is gorgeous with a big red barn and the grounds are perfect for photos, so beautiful, as you’ll see. I would highly recommend it and I’m excited to shoot a wedding there again in August.
– Ben proposed to Laura on a picnic date. They played scrabble together and he spelled out Will You Marry Me (cute!) so, of course, the reception was scrabble themed! From the place cards to the centerpieces, scrabble pieces adorned everything. I loved it! Another special reception detail – the couple displayed wedding photos from their parents and grandparents showing their family history of commitment. I love old family photos.
– One funny moment: at the end of their first dance Laura’s dress caught on Ben’s suit! You’ll see the photos and Laura’s fun reaction.
Laura and Ben – thank you so much for being so sweet and fun. I felt very blessed to capture your beautiful wedding!Lancaster, PA Vendors: Flowers: English Garden Floral Reception: The Farm at Eagles Ridge