Yay, my first wedding of 2019! It was at the beautiful Syracuse Marriott Downtown and you wouldn’t believe it but it was in March and there was NO SNOW! An upstate NY miracle. :-) This was the first wedding I photographed at the Syracuse Marriott and it was perfect. Beautiful, fun and romantic. I love weddings downtown with the city background.
Here are the highlights:
- Kayla and Cole decided against a first look but instead Kayla had a first look with her dad. It was very emotional and I loved capturing this moment. Plus, it was extra special because her mom and bridesmaids saw the whole thing hiding in the bathroom. :-)
- The couple wrote their own vows and capturing the groom write them into the vow book felt really special. It’s a memory recorded forever now. :-)
- Kayla’s family planned an incredible reception surprise and sang the disney song “Can you feel the love tonight” and it was amazing!
- During the reception the bride and groom slipped away into the lobby and asked me to come to capture them. This was my favorite time of the whole day. With all of the pressures and craziness of a wedding day it’s important to take a moment and just be with each other. I stayed back so they could truly feel alone. Later the bride told me those were her favorite photos.
- The Marriott was such a great wedding venue. I love that the couple had the whole lobby to themselves for the day. And with the huge old windows it makes for beautiful photos – I would highly recommend it!
Kayla + Cole thank you so much for being so wonderful and planning such a beautiful wedding, I felt so honored to capture it!