Jordan + Kamila’s Wedding Highlights:
– I loved this wedding. For many reasons 1. J+K were just so laid back and fun 2. it was beautiful and the reception was on Skaneateles Lake 3. there was a french bulldog, named Georgie, who was literally a party animal. She’s the best.
– This is the first wedding I captured that didn’t have a bridal party, just flower girls and a ring bearer. I liked it. Bridal parties are fun and make me laugh but it gave us more time to take photos of just the bride and groom. It was calmer and more simple. It also helped me learn how to bustle a dress. I’m already expert at pinning on boutonnieres, so I need to master dress bustling next. It’s way harder but luckily Kamila’s dress wasn’t complicated at all.
– The photo of Georgie kissing the flower girl (while the ring bearer covered his eyes) makes me laugh and is an all-time favorite photo. Kids + a dog at a wedding is a hilarious combination.
– Fun Fact: The groom’s uncle is quite famous, he is one of the authors of Freakonomics. And since he was at the wedding, I can add “photographed a Times best-selling author” to my resume, right? :-)
– Rain was in the forecast all day but it held off. The sky was so perfectly overcast that it makes everything look amazing. Then around 9pm I asked if the couple wanted to do their (fake, secret’s out) sparkler “exit”. Literally seconds after they finished running through all of the sparklers, buckets of rain fell from the sky. A complete downpour that waited until I was done capturing the wedding, thank you God!
Jordan and Kamila – thank you so much for letting me capture your beautiful wedding day!!