I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I LOVE capturing weddings at The Otesaga Resort Hotel. If you’re getting married and considering the Otesaga, call me. It’s just such a beautiful wedding venue in Cooperstown, NY. And Lucy and Dan’s wedding there was beyond perfect. The weather was ideal, their adorable dog Bowie was the ring bearer (come on!) and their dance floor was always packed. What more can you ask for?! Here are some fun details:
- Lucy’s aunt is an actual fashion designer and created her truly one-of-a-kind wedding dress. It was so beautiful and I loved how it popped off the green art studio at her parent’s house. (Yes, a ladder was involved and I’m so thankful we were able to make those shots happen! Thanks Lucy’s mom!)
- Lucy and Dan decided to say traditional vows during their ceremony and wrote their personal vows in a card that they each read separately beforehand. This was such a special time to capture and later they both remarked that they thought the other had written better vows. :-)
- Bowie was such a good sport with his bowtie and ring bearer responsibilities. The shot my second shooter captured of him during the ceremony with his front legs casually folded kills me. Look for it, it will make you smile.
- Lucy and Dan met in college as math tutors and they found their original name badges so that obviously had to be a photo.
- One of the questions I always ask my couples is if something different/unique might happen during their wedding day. Lucy mentioned that her cousin was a circus performer and might perform at the reception which would have been a first for any wedding I have captured. During the reception I scanned the room looking to see if I could guess who he was. I went over to Lucy’s dad and asked and he said he wasn’t able to attend because he had to perform at the G8 Summit. How crazy is that!
Lucy and Dan thank you so much for letting me capture your wedding day. You are both so sweet and thoughtful and I hope these images will help you remember how beautiful your wedding day was for many, many years to come. Congrats!!